The proper case for D.

Frank Rundell frru at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 20 03:52:10 PDT 2009

superdan Wrote:

> Steve Teale Wrote:
>
> > Can this group come up with a proper, sober (OK, I'm not)
>
> den pretty please explain why anyone should give a flyin' fuck fer yer drunken rant.

And your response is why D is never going to be more than a beta compiler and interesting discussion piece between a small number of programmers.

If it wants to compete with the 'big boys' it needs an IDE, a GUI library that can compile and work, a debugger that understands D, a proper linker, packaged releases for linux, an installer for Windows, etc.

D2 is in danger of becoming a camel i.e. a horse designed by a committee...

Frank.