Coming Attractions

Tim Matthews tim.matthews7 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 21:03:46 PDT 2009

Jason House wrote:

> There is still debate over exactly what will go into D2. Which features of Bartosz's design do you like? Dislike? Some feedback may help the offline discussion.

I would need to have a long think about this. I think a language that is
designed for nothing but parallelism may benefit a lot and D could do
with some as a next generation language.

s ~= " ";

Here the syntax looks atomic but the semantics is not because of the
length property. I was kind of thinking I liked this locking, then
thought maybe too much overhead or verbose when I didn't need the lock.

I think everyone can agree on a dislike for a verbose notation so I hope
  D can make the most of angle brackets and colons to minimize this.