From Reddit

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Jun 30 12:53:27 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu:

> The problem is that it harms D by sowing and showing disunity within the
> community. Definitely it is not helping at all in the way you claimed.

Even languages with 15 years of development are filled with mistakes and tons of problems (so much that Bjarne Stroustrup wisely says: "There are just two kinds of languages: the ones everybody complains about and the ones nobody uses."). So all smart technical readers get suspicious when they read a text that shows mostly good sides. I believe such suspects are a risk worse than the risk of showing "disunity within the community".

> I am willing to believe this was a thoughtless attempt to do something
> good, instead a self-serving and attention-seeking piece, as it looks at
> the first sight.

Thank you. Nearly always I try to avoid the limelight. This time it may a bit different, but advertising my blog was not my main purpose.

I may even ask you again to remove the link to my site from Phobos2 documentation, to avoid possible future troubles. You have written all the code, I don't want recognition: having a good Phobos2 is more than enough for me :-)

bearophile