Recent Phobos changes

Don nospam at nospam.com
Tue Mar 3 08:37:30 PST 2009

Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Jason House, el 26 de febrero a las 12:13 me escribiste:
>> Don Wrote:

>>> You're missing an intermediate compiler release <g>. You're seeing stuff
>>> in a peculiar intermediate state. Yes, there are weird bugs.
>> I'm hoping that pointing out stuff when I see it is helpful because they
>> could get missed.  I don't know of the proper way to point out things or
>> if I should just stay silent on the sidelines...
>
> Good commit messages can help a lot here. Something like "this commit is
> incomplete because float stuff is missing but this will be added in the
> future" could help people who like to review the code to know if missing
> stuff is intentional or an error/omission.

But that's not true...
I gave the wrong impression, neither of the things which were reported
were bugs. The float stuff has never been present on D1. There are no
speed impacts, and no casts are required. The reported bug is false. The
only consequence of the float stuff was if you're using 'auto' heavily,
and even then, it's doubtful that float overloads are actually helpful.

The point I was trying to make was that (unlike all other dsource
projects), you don't necessarily know which compiler is being used. It
makes reviewing the code pretty difficult! Don't be alarmed.