Getting started on a Mac

Alexy Khrabrov deliverable at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 13:15:46 PDT 2009

So I got me a new shiny dmd for Mac, the Tango with D book, and went ahead to compile something.  What about Tango itself?  Checked it out of svn, saw a dsss directory.  Got dsss of of svn, tried to compile that.  The sad results are in:

http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4490

Now what about starting off on a better footing?  I mean, I have to chmod +x dmd?!  I need to make a statement of faith that it's executable? :)

Does anyone have a straightfoward writeup on what to do from the very beginning -- in what sequence I get D, DSSS, Tango up and running?  On a Mac, too! :)

Cheers,
Alexy