Getting started on a Mac

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 04:10:46 PDT 2009

Alexy Khrabrov wrote:
> John Stoneham Wrote:
>
>> You don't need DSSS to compile Tango on OS X, just DMD itself. Grab Tango SVN and follow the linux/dmd "manual build and install" instructions here:
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/LinuxInstallDmd
>
> Awesome John!  It worked like a charm.  Now I was curious to use the binary DSSS I got and I said at the top of tango,
>
> dsss build
>
> -- apparently it started chugging along, then said gdc not found.  As it was built with gdc obviously.  Now what would I hack in tango/dsss.conf if I were to build it with dmd I got?

If dsss works but complains that gdc is missing, you need to look at the
files in /etc/rebuild (or wherever you installed dsss to). You should
copy dmd-posix-tango to dmd-osx-tango or something similar and change
any usage of "Posix" to "Darwin". Then edit the file 'default' in that
directory and change it to say 'dmd-osx-tango'.