DMC to Create C .lib ?

Sergey Gromov snake.scaly at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 16:15:16 PDT 2009

Tue, 24 Mar 2009 22:31:52 -0400, Chris Andrews wrote:

> Sergey Gromov Wrote:
>
>> "Want to create an import library? Ask me how!"
>
> Well since you offered... ;)
>
> I tried out coffimplib, but it's not yeilding the results I need.  I compared the linkdef generated .def files with coffimplib's and the missing part is pretty clear:
>
> linkdef:
> EXPORTS
>    _TCOD_console_flush at 0 = TCOD_console_flush
>    _TCOD_console_init_root at 16 = TCOD_console_init_root
>
> coffimplib:
> EXPORTS
> 	_TCOD_console_flush = TCOD_console_flush
>           _TCOD_console_init_root = TCOD_console_init_root
>
> Those missing numbers (something to do with the size of the parameters, right?) are needed and not being provided by the tool.  Thoughts?

You're talking about Doryen Library project, right?

My thought is that TCOD_console_flush is actually cdecl and must be
declared as extern(C), while you seem to declare it as extern(Windows)
which is stdcall.  What you get with linkdef is corrupted stack.  This
is why coffimplib is absolute best when you have the right COFF import
library: it allows to catch this sort of errors.