[OT] [I mean totally OT] Re: What can you "new"

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sun Mar 29 20:17:54 PDT 2009

BCS wrote:
> And it's not just in theology that I find this a problem; take a look at
> the (not unbiased) documetery Expelled
> (http://www.expelledthemovie.com), people are getting ostrosized for
> questionig the party line on evolution. Some of these people aren't even
> getting past "maybe" without getting shot down.

This is hardly limited to religious beliefs. It happens with political
correctness, too. Look at the recent slashdot article where Dyson dares
to question global warming:
http://news.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/03/28/1558225

My own theory is that the shriller a person cries to suppress "wrong"
beliefs, the more that person fears their own beliefs might be the ones
that are wrong.

Or perhaps everyone just enjoys a public stoning now and then :-(