Licence question about Indemnification

Chris invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Mar 30 14:34:56 PDT 2009

"Unknown W. Brackets"
> That is a very common clause.  The idea, as far as I understand, is that
> if the compiler were to break - and your client were to sue you because of
> this - you can't sue down the chain.

I am familiar with the clause you are talking about (and I basically agree
with it), but the D licence clause seems much different.

Infact it says that if someone (even unrelated to my businnes) caused
them pratically every type of "cost", I have to indemnify them (who
exactly?), simply because that cost "arose out" of my use (not misuse)
of the Software.
And note that the chain you are referring to, don't have to pass through me.

If a normal limitation of responsability was the intent, then the clause is
a thousand times wide.