Massive loss for D on Tiobe

Carlos Smith carlos-smith at sympatico.ca
Wed May 6 12:57:38 PDT 2009

"Georg Wrede" <georg.wrede at iki.fi> a écrit

> Can this loss induce people to abandon D, and others to not take it
> up, leading to cumulating losses in the coming months? What do we
> have to do to prevent this?

Yes.

Give D1 a future.

Shift focus on D1 (D2 is experimental).
Make D1 really usable in the workplace.
Being called stable is not enough.

Produce a grammar for the language. This will give
it a definition on which every body will align.

Fix any inconsistencies in the language.

Choose one (1) license for all DigitalMars D
related stuff.

Go true Open Source. No strings attached.
I was absolutely thrilled to read that D has gone
Open Source. Then i was quite unthrilled after i
have read the official license. This episode
had a negative impact on D.

Get rid of OMF...

D has a future ...