project oriented

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Tue May 12 04:17:00 PDT 2009

davidl wrote:
> The module package system still stays in the state of the C age. It's
> file oriented. I think there's no more sound package system than C# one.
> The namespace and distributed packaging is a must nowadays and the
> compiler should be project oriented and take project information as the
> compiling base. Also an IDE is quite useful for providing project
> templates.

That would most likely be a good thing. Things you could get from it:
- easier to make package protection meaningful and useful (like C# internal)
- internal classes can be enumerated at compile time (maybe eventually)
- faster partial compilation
- potential of virtual templates for internal classes (I can dream)

Probably some others that I can't think of right now.