bmp/png libs?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu May 14 18:53:55 PDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:35:03PM -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Can anyone suggest good up-to-date D libs or bindings for loading/saving bmp
> and png files?

I wrote a very minimal BMP class in D2 a while back. I didn't finish it
so IIRC it only supports 24 and maybe 8 bit bitmaps, but it worked for what
I needed it for - Paint can read and write those formats too.

Looking at the code, oh foo, it saves but doesn't load. I have C code
that can load 8 and 24 bit though.

Probably not super useful, but it is simple, so maybe it will help.

Here's a link. Includes both the D and C files. Look at the bottom of each
file for an example main(). Other than that, there are no docs, but the
function names should be fairly self-explanatory.

http://arsdnet.net/bmpstuff.zip

I didn't put a copyright notice in the files, but I release them into the
public domain, so do whatever you want with it.

With the weekend coming up, I'll hopefully have the time to go back and
finish / improve / document that code and I'll update the zip and post
another message to the group then if anyone is interested.

Let me know if it is at all useful.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net