bmp/png libs?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu May 14 19:46:24 PDT 2009

"Rainer Deyke" <rainerd at eldwood.com> wrote in message
news:guij2k$6sd$2 at digitalmars.com...
> Stewart Gordon wrote:
>> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>> Can anyone suggest good up-to-date D libs or bindings for
>>
>> BMP - who in their right mind still uses this?
>
> BMP is the most popular uncompressed image format.

Yea, this is pretty much the key.  Even if nothing else, it's at least
useful *because* it's popular. In other words, the same reason why any audio
app realisticlly needs to support MP3 even though MP3 is probably the single
worst lossy audio codec out there (an assertion which, by the way, I would
love to be proven wrong about, just you know, so I don't pop a vein every
time I think about "average joe" and music players...).