foreach (x; a .. b) and foreach_reverse (x; a .. b) should be disallowed

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Sun May 17 18:25:50 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:

> Consider:
>
>      foreach (x; 1.0 .. 4.1) writeln(x);
>      foreach_reverse (x; 1.0 .. 4.1) writeln(x);
>
> This sucks. foreach with interval for floating-point types should be
> disallowed.
>

> Andrei

I agree that makes little sense.

I'm curious, why the sudden pruning of features? Can you please consider removing SFINAE? I'd also love to see is expressions go the way of the dinosaur. I don't know what their replacement should look like, but there _has_ to be a better and less error prone syntax!