OT: on IDEs and code writing on steroids

grauzone none at example.net
Sun May 17 22:20:25 PDT 2009

> Oh, and how it indents multiline function calls is completely retarded.
>
> And every time I try to autocomplete a templated function call, it
> insists on inserting ALL of the template arguments, even when they're
> supposed to be derived.

This is why I don't like IDEs. Plus, every time you type something,
stuff BLINKS around, grabbing your attention, saying I'M SO ANNOYING
PLEASE DISABLE ME AS A FEATURE. Like documentation tooltips, auto
completion hints, or "intelligent" indentation. It's ridiculous. When I
hit a key, I want the text editor insert that key. Not do.... random....
stuff.

How do Eclipse user deal with it? Not look at the screen when typing?