Bartosz Milewski Missing post

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu May 28 09:21:35 PDT 2009

Denis Koroskin:
> I believe he is talking about AST macros that are postponed until D3 because current focus has shifted to concurrency.<

I think shifting to concurrent programming is now the right choice, all other modern languages do the same, because people have more and more cores sleeping in their computers.

But data-parallelism too needs more care/focus in D (I have discussed about it diffusely when I have shown Chapel language, for example, and elsewhere).
So far Bartosz has not discussed enough about this very large (and important for D future users) topic. Those things are also much more easy to understand and use for me (and I think for other people too).
Thead/Actor/Agent/etc parallelism alone is NOT going to be enough for the numeric computing community (and my numeric needs too).
Some support for data-parallelism is currently probably more important than macros for D2.

Bye,
bearophile