D loosing the battle

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gamil.com
Tue Nov 10 09:50:19 PST 2009

My first observation is that you are using D2 expecting it to be stable. The website still doesn't make it clear that D2 should be used for minor tasks to experiment with the language. That said, I can see the concern that if you code for D1 you'll still have the incompatibility. But it would still be better to go from D1 to D2 than try and match all the changes as they happen. There is a page to help with this transition too:

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/features2.html

There is also a more permanent place to find the proposal for properties.

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/DIPs

It seems Walter has gone with the idea of annotations, though no formal word on that:

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP6

There is also a page with many things that still need changed in the compiler, ideas Walter wanted in, informal suggestions that haven't gotten feedback:

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel#FutureDirections

I hope these likes have been what you were looking for.