CPAN for D

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 15:34:02 PST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Walter Bright
<newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/a2nfz/guido_people_want_cpan/
>
> http://search.cpan.org/
>
> Over and over, I hear that CPAN is one of the great reasons people use Java.
> Such for D would be a tremendous boost to the D community.

CPAN is so bad that people run away from Perl in horror over to
comfortable but boring old Java?  :-P

DSSS was supposed to be a sort of CPAN for D.  I think it's still the
easiest way to get the Derelict library installed.  Unfortunately it's
really only a very humble start.  It lacks any sort of versioning, and
has no web face.  And now it's unmaintained.

--bb