Go: A new system programing language

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Wed Nov 11 18:06:51 PST 2009

dsimcha wrote:
> The fact that message passing is built into
> Go! makes me wonder if there's a reason why it can't be done well in a library.

Interestingly, both D and Go have had associative arrays built in to the
core language. But D now has enough expressive power that the AAs are
moving into the library, with the barest syntactic sugar left.
Similarly, complex types are moving to the library, typedefs, etc.

Go realized the importance of immutable strings, but didn't generalize
that to having any other immutable types.