Should we make DMD1.051 the recommended stable version?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Nov 18 01:30:45 PST 2009

Don wrote:
> The standard download still points to DMD1.030 (May 2008).
> A couple of hundred serious bugs have been fixed since that time.
> Some of the intermediate releases had regressions which prevented many
> people from using them, but I don't think that's true of this one. I
> think it's a great release.
[...]
> I'd like to protect newbies from encountering internal compiler errors
> which have already been fixed, and from experiencing frustration with CTFE.
>
> If anyone has a reason that they have to use 1.030 instead of 1.051, now
> would be a great time to say why.

Not saying "have to", but it was matching the GDC version I had:
svn co https://dgcc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/dgcc/trunk/ gdc

Updating would mean getting the patches from the unofficial tree:
hg clone http://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/

But as long as it is working properly, I could do some installers
along with the build patches already needed for Vista and Leopard.

They would probably have been at DMD 1.020 - had it not been for
the issue with Tango not working with that version (i.e. GDC 0.24)

http://gdcwin.sourceforge.net/

http://gdcmac.sourceforge.net/

--anders