Conspiracy Theory #1

Daniel de Kok me at nowhere.nospam
Sat Nov 21 00:48:03 PST 2009

On 2009-11-19 22:10:57 +0100, retard <re at tard.com.invalid> said:
> Even the open source community is using more and more dynamic languages
> such as Python on the desktop and Web 2.0 (mostly javascript, flash,
> silverlight, php, python) is a strongly growing platform. I expect most
> of the every day apps to move to the cloud during the next 10 years.

There are many possible scenarios when it comes to cloud computing.
E.g. on the immensely popular iPhone, every application is a mix of
Objective C/C++, compiled to machine code. While many iPhone
applications are relatively dumb and usually communicate with
webservers, this shows that native applications are preferred by
segment of the market over applications that live in the browser.

And server-side, there's also a lot of static language development
going on. Often dynamic languages don't scale, and you'll see dynamic
languages with performance-intensive parts written in C or C++, or
static languages such as Java.

-- Daniel