I wrote some D today and it's completely blowing my mind. Ever tried

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Oct 3 01:35:39 PDT 2009

Walter Bright:

> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/9qf8i/i_wrote_some_d_today_and_its_completely_blowing/

Very nice. Indeed if you come from experience of C, D allows you to write programs in a much faster way. (But C isn't the only language around today, you also have dotnet C#, for example).

>Currently, it's conservative, but the D programming language semantics are designed to allow for a precise one.<

Maybe if there are unions it can't be fully precise. I think precision is a matter of degree, so you can build a quite precise GC.

Bye,
bearophile