dmd support for IDEs

Chad J chadjoan at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 19:14:46 PDT 2009

Jeremie Pelletier wrote:
> Lutger wrote:
>> Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>> As far as I know neither Qt(d) or gtkD uses native controls on platforms
>>> other than linux, which to me is unacceptable. The look especially on
>>> mac.
>>
>> Qt used to try and look like native controls, but now it uses them
>> directly.
>
> It has pros and cons, Firefox too has the native look and feel without
> using the native controls, so it saves on the overhead of tons of GDI
> handles and can render the entire GUI in cairo.

I actually rather dislike GTK from a user standpoint.  It doesn't mesh
well at all on my KDE linux setup.  The file dialog is also a frequent
source of annoyance, as it is different then everything else and seems
to want to fight with me.  Qt is much better at these things.

Too bad we can't just make programs switch between GUI backends at will ;)