Revamped concurrency API

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 20:39:45 PDT 2009

Jeremie Pelletier, el 12 de octubre a las 22:45 me escribiste:
> >I agree. Particularly about lent. Immutable and mutable weren't
> >considered complete without const, so I'm surprised that local and
> >shared are considered complete without lent. You can even
> >implement it without escape analysis. Strangely, from what I
> >remember of Bartosz's posts, it was unique that was the sticking
> >point, though you can implement both unique and owned as library
> >types (though they do become less efficient).
>
> I may sound ignorant, but that does lent means? I mean the word
> itself, I couldn't find something relevant on google.

The terms "unique", "shared" and "lent" used here generaly refers to
the terms used by Bartoz Milewski in his blog[1].

I think he defines lent in this particular blog post[2], but maybe you
might need to read a couple of posts more to understand everything.

[1] http://bartoszmilewski.wordpress.com/
[2] http://bartoszmilewski.wordpress.com/2009/05/21/unique_ptr-how-unique-is-it/

--
Leandro Lucarella (AKA luca)                      http://llucax.com.ar/
Sometimes you got to suffer a little in your youth to motivate you to