Revamped concurrency API

Jeremie Pelletier jeremiep at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 23:17:23 PDT 2009

bearophile wrote:
> Sean Kelly:
>
>> For what it's worth, I've been experimenting with message-passing for
>> one leg of the API.  I decided to copy the Erlang API because it's very
>> simple and easy to build fancier stuff on top of.
>
> You may also want to take a look at how actors are in Scala (I think they are a little different than usual, so I think they even have a different name, something like Agents, or something like that):
> http://www.scala-lang.org/node/242
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

I really like the actor model, it can scale very well to thousands of
concurrent actors, I know the Unreal engine use them for all scriptable
entities and can process thousands of them per frame.

Bartosz also had an entry about actors:
http://bartoszmilewski.wordpress.com/2009/07/16/on-actors-and-casting/

This is definitely one concurrent model I want to see in D.