Get name of alias parameter at compile time?

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 09:06:14 PDT 2009

dsimcha wrote:

> Yeah, now that I look into it further, what you describe is exactly the
> problem.
> The obvious way only works for functions w/o parameters.  I simplified my
> example before I posted it and never bothered to test it.

See my reply to my reply (sorry!) for a better way to make it work.

It is because of this I think:

void foo() {}
void bar(int) {}

void main()
{
    writeln(foo.stringof); // ok
    writeln(bar.stringof); // error: not callable using argument types ()
    writeln(bar(1).stringof); // ok
}

It should be doable to make a template for getting the proper name of any
aliased function I think.