LRU cache for ~=

Rainer Deyke rainerd at eldwood.com
Mon Oct 19 22:06:56 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Rainer Deyke wrote:
>> I guess we need to define memory corruption first.  "Memory corruption
>> is when a piece of code erroneously overwrites memory."
>
> Where's that quote from?

It's my own attempt to define memory corruption.  It's equivalent to the
definition in Wikipedia: "Memory corruption happens when the contents of
a memory location are unintentionally modified due to programming errors."

>> [...] Do you have a better definition?
>
> I do,

Then post it.

> but since you mentioned a textbook case of memory corruption, I
> was curious which textbook that wold come from.

My use of the word "textbook" was idiomatic, not literal.

>From http://www.answers.com/topic/textbook:

text·book   (tĕkst'bʊk')

[...]

adj.

Being a characteristic example of its kind; classic: a textbook case of
schizophrenia.

Rainer Deyke - rainerd at eldwood.com