No header files?

AJ aj at nospam.net
Thu Oct 22 12:31:19 PDT 2009

"BCS" <none at anon.com> wrote in message
news:a6268ffbc158cc2111f3e3b246 at news.digitalmars.com...
> Hello aJ,
>
>> You sound angry that your feature is not a fit for my development
>> process.
>
> I think the frustration here is that you seem to be saying that you can't
> do something in D that you want to do but we have yet to figure out what
> it is.

No, not at all. I realized far back in this thread that I can develop in D
as I do now in C++ (header files come first). The thread went on with people
trying to convince me how wrong that process is (?).

> Every thing I have seen you ask for is already possible with D as it is
> now (including hand writing both the header and implementation in
> different files with all the potential for errors and duplication of work
> that D tries avoid).
>
>> "jump in and start coding algorithms" is not an acceptable
>> development method in my book.
>>

> In my experience, where you can't just start writing code, you can't just
> start writing headers either. I'd start on a white board or word and once
> stuff is designed there, I'd implement stubs with enough comment to know
> what they are supposed to do. In this mode, the header files would just be
> busy work.

I've noted in a previous thread that actual coding (header or source file)
is not the first step in my process. The source code isn't even the
important part, though perhaps the most pesky part.