No header files?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 20:31:57 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:08:08PM -0500, AJ wrote:
> > I'm still not clear on exactly what you plan on doing.
>
> "Traditional" (read C/C++ like) software development.

I remember many years ago, when I first saw D, I dismissed it for exactly
this header file reason.

I went to digitalmars.com to grab the updated DMC and 16 bit development
extensions - yes, the Digital Mars C++ compiler _to this day_ still can
put out 16 bit DOS executables! Very cool - anyway and I saw this D
language thing.

I clicked on it and glanced through the docs. But at the time, I dismissed
it, due to one line:

	import std.stdio;

I looked at that and said "ugh just another stupid Java" got DMC++ and
carried on.

Worst. Mistake. Ever.

So a while later, I find myself back at digitalmars.com for no
particular reason - by this time, my DOS development days were pretty well
over, but I checked out the site for old time's sake.

This time, I said "oh what the hell" and actually wrote a little D code.

Didn't take long to fall in love. Some things are different, yes, but they
are different *for the better*. D is simply outstanding and gets better
each month.

It is scary taking that first step, but once you do, you won't want to
look back.

Now, let me tell you a similar story about Walter Bright's EMPIRE: THE
WARGAME OF THE CENTURY....

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net