The Thermopylae excerpt of TDPL available online

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Oct 29 07:59:31 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu:

> I did consider Inconsolata seriously, but I had to reject it (I forgot
> why; all I can remember was that it was a good reason).

A problem with Inconsolata that I have forgotten to tell you is that there isn't a true bold version yet, so the bold characters don't have the same width. So if your code highlighting converts some words to bold, the alignments break. This is quite so bad that I have disabled bold highlighting in my Python editor where I use that font. In the future I'll create a bold version of Inconsolata-g to solve this problem, it requires some tedious work, because it seems there are no automatic tools to do this.

Bye,
bearophile