The Thermopylae excerpt of TDPL available online

Max Samukha spambox at d-coding.com
Sat Oct 31 06:46:16 PDT 2009

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 16:07:14 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu

>Apparently the need was felt strongly enough that a library made it into
>Boost that does exactly initialization of collections (and vector in
>particular), in spite of being based on a very questionable design
>technique - overloading of the comma operator.
>
>Andrei

I guess you mean the assignment library
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_40_0/libs/assign/doc/index.html.

"These lists are particularly useful in learning, testing, and
prototyping situations, but can also be handy otherwise."

While those are important, I am still not totally convinced that
dynamic arrays initialized from literals occur often in production
code. It remains a matter of opinion.