Patches

BCS none at anon.com
Fri Apr 9 07:48:39 PDT 2010

Hello Alex,

> Hi
>
> I like reading the bugs list.
>
> I see lots of patches (for example from Rainer Schuetze) but I don't
> see all of them applied (in the latest release).
>
> How does that work?

While the source for DMD is available (and many parts open source), only
very few people have the "keys to the kingdom" as it were. Practically this
means that Walter screens all the patches as well as improves things so what
your looking at is a bottle neck effect. And given that Walter is a bit possessive
about his code base (I'm not objecting mind you) it's not going to change
any time soon.

--
... <IXOYE><