Low dimensional matrices, vectors, quaternions and a cubic equation

Eric Poggel dnewsgroup at yage3d.net
Mon Apr 19 12:28:03 PDT 2010

On 4/19/2010 7:36 AM, #ponce wrote:
> Maybe merging the good ideas of OMG, Yage, your code, etc... (and sorting out licences "problems")... would lead to a better low-dimensionnal math package class.

I'm willing to re-license any of Yage's math library under whatever
terms are necessary for inclusion in D's standard library, even if only
bits and pieces are borrowed.

http://dsource.org/projects/yage/browser/trunk/src/yage/core/math

The Matrix and Quaternion classes would be better if they were
templated, but there's a Vector class that's templated on both type and
number of parameters.  In its design I tried to lean toward
immutability, so you have methods like .toRotationMatrix() instead of
matrix.setFromRotationAxis(Vector axis).  If nothing from Yage is used I
hope to at least encourage this type of design.