Build farm(er)

SK sk at metrokings.com
Fri Aug 6 12:39:31 PDT 2010

Hello Andrei,

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> and everything is built from source all the way to uploading the installers
> for all OSs to the website and updating html files accordingly.

How about CDash?  http://www.cdash.org/cdash/project/about.html
CMake+CTest+CDash provide integrated build, test and reporting.  For
example, here the dashboard for CDash itself:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=CDash

That said, I have not tried CDash myself, though I'm a user and fan of
the first two pieces: CMake and CTest.  Speaking of which, I'm working
on CMake for D2, which seems to have lost its maintainer.

Also, I highly recommend using virtual machines rather than bare metal
for a build farm -- easier and much more economical.
Regards,
-steve