Mixin Expressions, can't evalutate string variable

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 13:22:34 PDT 2010

Andrej:

> It was just an exercise for fun but it's cool that things like this are
> possible in D. It would be nice if I could get the actual names of the
> parameters the function takes + the clear name of the function itself, that
> way I'd actually get back variables "ftc, fta, ftm" back)

There, found it again, while answering another thread:

int foo(int i, double d) { return 0;}

writeln(typeof(&foo).stringof); // "int function(int i, double d)" <-- Look
Ma, arguments names!

But it's a quirk of .stringof, I'm not sure it's a good idea to rely on it
too much.
from there, using compile-time search in a string, you can extract the
arguments (those are between ( and ) )
-> "int i, double d"
and from there, extracting i and d.

I don't what will happen for overloaded functions, methods names,
constructors, ...

Philippe