Mixin Expressions, can't evalutate string variable

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 15:12:28 PDT 2010

Slightly OT: I've noticed you're often missing the word "know" in your posts
(e.g. "I don't what", that should be "I don't know what"). Is something
filtering your posts? :)

And yeah, I've noticed your other thread with the argument names. With a
little bit of regex I could easily extract the variable names. I think this
template could be useful in cases when you just want to try out a function
which happens to writes some state in the parameters that are passed to it
(out/ref params), without having to inspect the function signature and
declare the proper variable types. Unfortunately there's no way to pass auto
variables as parameters, but that's more of a Python territory, I guess.

On the other hand, the template introduces new identifiers silently into the
calling site (you can't see it in the code), so it's not all that practical
I guess, not to mention a little dangerous. :p