Andrei's Google Talk

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 09:28:03 PDT 2010

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:50:22 -0400, Justin Johansson <no at spam.com> wrote:

> On 17/08/10 06:06, lurker wrote:
>> Doxygen STILL doesn't support D. What does this tell?
> It tells that C++ is crappy for software development.
>
> On the contrary.  Time and time again I try to restart a pet project of
> mine in D and time and time again I find myself reverting to C++.
> This tells me, not so much that D is crappy for software development,
> rather that D cannot cut the production code that I can currently
> produce at less cost and *angst* than in C++.

I don't know if you've posted your source of angst already, so at the risk
of asking you to do something you've already done, can you let us know
what aspects of D make you switch back to C++?  These kinds of things can
be very helpful in either A) guiding the D devs on where we should focus
our attention or B) helping you use D appropriately if you are unaware of
some features that already solve your problems.

-Steve