On C/C++ undefined behaviours

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Aug 20 16:16:26 PDT 2010

retard wrote:
> Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:07:50 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> retard wrote:
>>> After few hours
>>> of use everything should run as fast as it can.
>> I kinda don't really want to wait a few hours for my editor to stop
>> lagging.
>
> You don't need to use it that long. I only gave a pessimistic estimate on
> when all JIT compilation stops. Surely the most used features get
> recompiled faster. The second use of any Java function should already
> trigger the JIT in some cases. This is a bit unfortunate for desktop
> applications because the first impression is that everything lags. But
> the thing is, if you try something TWICE or more, it's orders of
> magnitude faster.

I should amend that to saying I don't want to wait at all for my editor to work.
I go in and out of it too often. It's why I use a small, natively compiled
editor. It loads instantly. Even on DOS <g>.

And frankly, it's retarded to compile the same program over and over, every time
you use it. Especially when the cost of that I pay for every time I run it.