Please vote on std.datetime

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Dec 9 20:54:14 PST 2010

On Thursday 09 December 2010 20:13:49 Bernard Helyer wrote:
> I vote yes.
>
> Why? Because Phobos has needed a solid module for working with dates and
> time for a long time, and neither std.date or std.gregorian filled that
> need -- std.date is buggy beyond repair, and std.gregorian's API doesn't
> make my normal tasks easy. std.datetime's API is fairly intuitive, and
> what I would expect out of a fairly modern date/time library. There are
> some bugs over here the need attending to, but I believe that the API
> itself is solid, and well designed, and that it can be a solid, good
> quality module in Phobos.

You've found bugs in my proposed std.datetime? If you have, please point them
out so that I can fix them. I'm unaware of any bugs. The only questions that I'm
aware of are whether it fully works on Mac OS X and FreeBSD. It had problems on
Mac OS X, but I think that they're fixed with the svn version of druntime. I have
no idea what FreeBSD's status is though. It _should_ work, but unless someone
tries it out, there's no way to know.

In any case, you've found bugs, please point them out. I can't fix it if I don't
know that it's broken.

- Jonathan M Davis