Why Ruby?

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Mon Dec 13 06:08:17 PST 2010

Yes I am :-)

I stopped "supporting" D because it grew to be a very confusing and hard to master
monster, with all those const, invariant and "this is not avaialble in the
language, but writing this function and using it in a way it works but it's very
unintuitive, we can have it" (like the mixin(yield("why do I have to write/read so
much?")) or dont!shout_at_me("please")).

But... I know D is a very different and difficult to implement language, exactly
because everything has to be compiled to machine code and it must be really
efficient, so I still watch it, see it's progression and try to comment on things
I like from other languages and how I would implement them in D (like the @mixin
attribute I commented in another post).

Sorry if sometimes I sound rude or angry, I can't be any of those because D owes
me nothing.