emscripten

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 06:47:56 PST 2010

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Text editors that rely on JavaScript are abominations, period.

Any widget that does sucks IMO. I've had to use javascript replacements of the
standard <select> tag too, and wow it blows.

Wait for its animation to start up. Wait for its animation to finish. Click an
option.... it didn't work, sorry my browser isn't good enough.

Usually I just abandon the site, but sometimes I can't. So switch to firefox 3.
Wait for the animation to start up. Wait for it to finish. Click the thing. Wait
for it to animate again. Oops, I got the wrong option, I'll just hit the down
arrow.... sorry, didn't work.

Aaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh!

"but but look at the super cool animations jquery is amazing! and i can style this
thing better than the built in so nyah"

Gah.

> Look, look -> There's my cake, and I'm eating it!

This is one thing I love about running mutt in screen. If I have access to my home
box at all (directly or ssh) it works well. If I left a message half read, when I
come back to it, it is still half read! No need to hunt it down again among the
read messages, no need to scroll back to my original position. The screen is
*exactly* as I left it.

Any my emails are *my* emails, stored on my local box. If I want to back it up,
just copy the file. If I want a search that actually works, I can just grep the
file, and so on. Just better in every way.