emscripten

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 12:56:33 PST 2010

> Do you complain that Excel doesn't not "degrade gracefully"?

No, because it does the right thing! It works in Win7, Win Vista, Win XP. It's
files (if you pick the right format when saving as) can be loaded up in Office
2010, Office 2007, and Office 2003, as well as a million other program. Save as
csv and it gracefully degrades all the way down to opening in Notepad!

Some desktop apps don't do the right thing though, and those ones suck. So I don't
have a mp3 lib installed. I should still be able to save as a .wav! Some apps work
like that. Some don't. The ones that don't suck.

I used Windows 98 for a long time. A *well written* Windows XP program would work
perfectly on XP (including themeing support, etc), and also work almost as well on
Win 98, just dropping the new XP features, while doing its best everywhere else.