emscripten

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Wed Dec 15 13:03:08 PST 2010

On 12/15/10 9:32 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> For a spreadsheet, I'd output the data in an html table. Now all users can at
> least view the saved document, with no extra effort from you.

You are confusing the web application and the data it operates on here –
of course, a spreadsheet application should provide some means to export
the tables you created with it in an easily accessible format, e.g. HTML
or PDF. But this piece of data created by the exporting routines of the
web application is not linked to the application itself per se…

Although e.g. whether you want to rely on storing and processing your
data (at least partly) on some server cluster you have no control over
is an entirely different question worth to be discussed in detail, I
don't quite see how lack of graceful degradation can be a valid argument
against web applications – or have you ever tried running the latest
Microsoft Office suite on Windows 3.11?

David