emscripten

Michael Stover michael.r.stover at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 19:06:19 PST 2010

> there's no integration with the
external environment

But it is an advantage at the same time as it's a weakness.  The advantage
is, I can read and use gmail or google docs anywhere, firewall or not.

I could sit here at home, open an openoffice doc, write in it, save it.
 Then tomorrow go to work, open open office and bitch and scream about why
the doc I made last night at home isn't in my recent docs list!! ZOMG!!! I
*LOATHE* Open Office!  I can't do the simplest thing!  But, no, I recognize
the limitations of the different mediums, and rather than look at what is
not exactly the same as what I'm used to, I can see what it does that I've
not been able to do before.  If you'd asked me 1 year ago about javascript,
I would have laughed and said no way I would want to use that crap.  I've
learned to think otherwise since.

If you go looking for problems, you're going to find them.  To me, it simply
indicates inflexibility on your part.  Which is fine, like I said, the world
doesn't care about your inability to adapt and see new possibilities.

It's just, the strength of the emotional response in this thread has been
kind of revealing.

Mike