emscripten

Michael Stover michael.r.stover at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 12:41:32 PST 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:

> "Michael Stover" <michael.r.stover at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1046.1292468790.21107.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> >> there's no integration with the
> > external environment
> >
> > But it is an advantage at the same time as it's a weakness.  The
> advantage
> > is, I can read and use gmail or google docs anywhere, firewall or not.
> >

> That's entirely possible without cramming the whole thing through a
> webpage.
> I can thank of at least a couple ways just off the top of my head. The
> *only* reason you don't see outside of the web browser it is because
> everyone making "use-anywhere" apps is insisting doing it through the web
> browser. It's *not* a technical limitation of not using a web browser. If
> anything, it's just a widespread misconception amoung people who grew up
> writing web code and therefore don't know any better about what is and
> isn't
> possible.

What's possible and what's reasonable to two are different things.  Clearly,
implementors and users are converging on the idea that browsers are the
easiest way to do this.  You can do it other ways, go ahead.  You think
you'll get widespread adoption?

 You can argue against javascript and browsers, sure, but I'm not sure why
you feel it's productive to be so insulting about it.