[OT] Mozilla Thunderbird

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Dec 18 10:40:17 PST 2010

"torhu" <no at spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:iehd51$2gla$1 at digitalmars.com...

> Thunderbird is pretty buggy, but I haven't found a good replacement, at
> least not yet.  I regularly experience to annoying dataloss bugs.  The
> first is when TB messes up posts.  This is easily fixed by making it
> rebuild its index files (yes, TB corrupts its own data files on a regular
> basis, with no help at all).  The second and worst is when it loses track
> of which posts I've read and which I haven't.  There's no way that I know
> of to fix that.

I don't mean to sound like an Outlook Express evangelist constantly banging
an OE drum, but I've been using OE for years and never had any issues like
that. Which actually makes me really puzzed, even though TBird's and OE's
uses and basic interfaces are very similar:

- Thunderbird apparently has *data loss/corruption* issues, and yet it's
very popular.
- OE *doesn't* have data loss/corruption issues, and yet it's widely
looked-down upon.

So what's wrong with this picture?