What's the problem in opensourcing htod?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Dec 22 12:29:39 PST 2010

On 2010-12-21 22:58, Mariusz Gliwiński wrote:
> Hello,
> Why don't You make htod opensource? I don't think it has commercial potential,
> or I'm wrong? I'm asking, because it's a shame that people who wants publish D
> bindings have to make their own scripts for that (so bindings can be generated
> on !windows too).
> If there are no chances for getting htod, maybe someone know decent binding
> generators (scripting languages preferred)? The ones, which I've been using
> are too bad (i.e. stripping out const from various places).
>
> Cheers,
> Mariusz Gliwiński

I'm working on a tool that creates bindings for Objective-C which of
course have to work for plain C as well. It's built using the Clang
libraries (it really helps having a complete frontend) and would work on
any platforms supported by Clang. Even if Clang's support for Windows my
not be complete I think it's enough for this tool, I mean it doesn't
generate any binaries.

--
/Jacob Carlborg