Array operation for computing the dot product?

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 4 18:42:53 PST 2010

Trass3r wrote:
> I wonder if an array operation could be reasonably included.
> It's a quite common case and there are direct SSE instructions for it
> since SSE 4.1.

This would be achieved by adding array aggregate properties, an idea
that has cropped up a few times, though I can't seem to find anything
other than
http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=D&article_id=21671
at the moment.

And then add using these properties as something you can do with array
operations besides slice assignment.

It's much more general than inventing a new operator just for dot product.

But there are more important things to do than adding yet more features
to the language....

Stewart.