A special treat

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Tue Feb 9 07:53:47 PST 2010

When D2 is 'frozen', as a special treat would it be possible for it to be
able to generate object files that could be converted into shared
libraries, and for Phobos to be a shared library to support same.

I have tried every which way I can think of to create shared libraries
using D. The closest I have come is with the old 1.030 GDC, and even with
that there are problems. I've tried to describe the current situation in
some detail on the blog section of my <a href="http://
www.britseyeview.com/GDC-newbie.html">GDC-newbie page</a>. It is too long
to post on the newsgroup.

The inability to do this is a real show-stopper for D on Linux, and
unless things have got better since I last tried, the same can be said
for Windows DLLs.

Please!
Steve