D on Reddit!

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Feb 11 12:52:26 PST 2010

"Bane" <branimir.milosavljevic at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:hl0ku9$vdt$1 at digitalmars.com...

> I hope that D's users club will grow over time, in spite of heavy
> oposition of number mature and popular languages in same category. What I
> believe is that existing club members are dedicated to and very happy with
> it, so numbers will only grow.

The way I see it, there are depressingly few languages in the same category
as D (that category being multi-paradigm languages that are realistically
usable for systems programming).  Thare's C/C++ (although, IMO C/C++ is a
bit anachronistic these days), and then there's Google "Issue 9" (which is
*highly* debatable as to whether it actually counts as meeting the above
criteria), and then Cyclone and maybe a couple others like Vala that don't
seem to be very mature ATM (at least compared to D anyay). And that's about
it.